*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895833-Fiction-Friday-Valkyrie-Wake-Up-Call
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#895833 added October 28, 2016 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
Fiction Friday: Valkyrie Wake Up Call
Friday, October 28, 2016


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 963
Do you agree or disagree with this statement. "When you wake up at 2-3am without any reason there is an 80% chance someone is staring at you!" Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night and felt you weren't alone? Tell us about it. (not counting your other halves)

Mystery at 2:30 AM

I lie here listening the the refrigerator running wonder what or who wakes me up at precisely 2:30 AM every single day. I listen for a dripping faucet or a ticking clock (which is impossible since every clock in this apartment is digital and none of them make any noise). I can feel unseen eyes upon me, so I sit up and look around the semidarkness of my bedroom. I cannot see anything or anyone. I am alone. There is no animal, human, or other entity visible. A chill migrates up my spine and then my bladder decides it needs emptying. I extract myself from the bed and go to the bathroom.


I return to a still empty room, but I know that someone is watching me from someplace. I go to the window, open the blinds enough to peek out and close them. I walk to the closet door, make sure both rolling panels are securely shut and go back to bed. I suppose someone cloud be watching through a hole in the ceiling; however, if that was the case then when it rained the roof would leak and get my bed wet. Sighing, I give up attempting to figure out the mystery and to sleep (I have difficulty sleeping with someone watching me). I turn on the bedside light, find my prayer book, and say a prayer for protection.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1425
When everyone turns 25 years old they are assigned either a Demon or an Angel based on karma, however ,you are assigned a Valkyrie? What happened, how did you luck out or not?

Valkyrie

I suppose it is a bit scary to receive a Valkyrie. After, according to Norse mythology, the Valkyrie or valkyrja are "the choosers of the slain", which means they have the last word on who does or does not die in battle.1 Now I have to decide if this is a blessing, a curse, or a warning of my future. I suppose if it is a warning of the future then it could fall under either blessing or curse. I think I will think of my Valkyrie as my guardian angle because Valkyrie, like angles, have wings. I could also consider my Valkyrie as my muse which makes more sense the a Valkyrie being an angel. The reason I received a Valkyrie rather then a Demon or an Angles is that I need a battle muse to accomplish whatever it is I am supposed to accomplish.


Footnotes
1  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895833-Fiction-Friday-Valkyrie-Wake-Up-Call