*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895922-Success-Saturday-Learning-to-Let-Go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#895922 added October 29, 2016 at 6:15pm
Restrictions: None
Success Saturday: Learning to Let Go
Saturday, October 29, 2016

“Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength.
However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”

Ann Landers

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 964
It's been said," the reason we hold on to something so tight is because we fear something great can't happen twice." Do you agree or disagree? Share with us about a time you held on tight, was it the right thing to do or not, or was it simply fear that paralyzed you.

Learning to Let Go

Holding on is a survival tactic. Our ancestors had to hold on to certain things as the migrated from Africa through Europa or Asia and into the rest of the world. They had to hang onto each other because individuals couldn't survive alone. They had to hang onto to their weapons because without them they would starve or be killed by their enemies. They had to hang onto some of the food they gathered as they moved from campsite to campsite or they would starve. They also had to chose which things to hang onto and which to let go because they couldn't carry everything with them.


The problem with modern civilizations is that we have forgotten that sometime you have to let go to survive. We don't want to let go, either literally or figuratively, with the stuff we have collected because it threatens our sense of self or for some other reason. We hang on tightly even when the things or people we are hanging onto are dragging us down; causing us to hoard things that we can easily purchase instead of giving thing up or away to someone who could get better use from those item.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895922-Success-Saturday-Learning-to-Let-Go