*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896298-JAI-MAA
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#896298 added November 2, 2016 at 12:54am
Restrictions: None
JAI MAA
MA was changing fast. She found herself no longer fit to perform household duties. She ate very little; for some time her meals consisted of only 9 grains of rice, even that was reduced to three grains for many days.
There were demands from far and near to take MA on special occasions. She went to a Rai Bahadur’s house at Paruldia for Kali Puja. From there she went to Dr. Shashanka Mohan’s house at Rajdia. After visiting some in-laws, she went to Out-shahi. She paid another visit to Paruldia in Agrahayan 1337 on the occasion of the last rites of Rai Bahadur’s mother. She had a strange spell there. She made the cooks chant God’s name and also went to Muslim villagers chanting the praise of Allah, and the Muslims joining her.
The devotees saw the images of many God­desses in her. A devotee, Nirmal Chandra Chattopadhyay, who came from Varanasi distinctly saw MA as Goddess Saraswati one day and vouched that he had never seen a more luminous figure in his life.
She desired to have a permanent place for Yagna and lit the sacred fire close to the pond adjoin­ing their house. The preservation of the place and the arrangements for Yagna were left to the care of Kulada Kanta Bandopadhya.

THE DISTANT BECKONS
1927-1928
In Falgun 1333 MA along with some devotees went to Hardwar to take part in Puma Kumbha cel­ebrations. On the way, she spent a few days in Calcutta staying in a house of the Kundus of Bhagyakul, and attended a few Kirtans arranged in the homes of some devotees. A prominent occasion was the Kirtan arranged in the house of Pyaribano, Nawabzadi of Dacca and owner of Shahbag garden. MA was in a state of ecstasy and continued to chant the name of Han along with the children of Pyaribano. She also broke journey at Varanasi for a while staying in the house of Kunja Mohan Mukhopadhya. Two days before her arrival, Kunja Mohan had a vision of MA, dressed in red, standing before him on the terrace. Kunja Mohan had not seen MA earlier, and he was astounded to see the same form alive before him when she arrived there. He worshipped MA as God-incar­nate.
MA and her party arrived at Hardwar on a chilly morning and took shelter in a Dharmashala. After watching rows of saints in procession, she and her companions went to Brahmakunda to have a holy dip. After a week at Hardwar, the next stop was Hrishikesh for two days, then to Lachhman Jhoola and some other places of Pilgrimage. The party returned to Hardwar and found shelter at the cottage of a Punjabi Saint at Bhimgora. Two successive telegraphic mes­sages were received the same day - one announcing the death of Sitanath Kushari, brother-in-law of Bholanath, and the other carrying the news of the grave illness of Jyotish (Bhaiji). MA immediately re­turned to Shahbag. Bhaiji slowly recovered by the blessings of MA, who came to see him and sent to him bits of ‘prasad’ (food offerings to God) every day.


© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896298-JAI-MAA