*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896516-Cancellation-and-doom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#896516 added November 4, 2016 at 2:39pm
Restrictions: None
Cancellation? and doom
*Right*Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1981, the second scheduled flight of the space shuttle Columbia was halted with only 31 seconds left in the countdown. Has there ever been a situation that you went through a lot of trouble trying to pull off (or really looked forward to) only to see it canceled at the last minute? How did you feel about it, and was it, in retrospect, a good or bad decision?(30-Day BC)

No, there has not been a situation like this in the past, but I am in the middle of a possible outcome of cancellation right now.

A friend of mine wants to go to New York City in 2017 but doesn’t want to travel by herself. So she invited me to come along with the promise to pay for my trip since I am not in a financial position for such an expensive holiday. A few months into the idea she is backing off a little bit and she seems less enthusiastic about the whole idea (or am I imagining things?). Anyway, I meet with her next week to talk things through and I am really interested in what her cause of action will be. Is she going to cancel the trip all together? I would be disappointed of course but not too much since I am so busy lately, there is hardly time to plan a trip in early 2017 due to my writing schedule at the moment. So either way, I am comfortable with what she decides to do.



*Right*" What happened all those years ago? I remember standing on the bridge of all things and in my hands the salvation of the universe. Just as I attempted to save us I heard a ------“. It's your blog, tell us what happens next. (BCoFs)

What happened all those years ago? I remember standing on the bridge of all things and in my hands the salvation of the universe. Just as I attempted to save us I heard a loud noise and startled by it I slipped the salvation of the universe into the river. With a splash it was gone, drifting away in the stream of anonymous consciousness, waiting to be rescued by someone somewhere along the river bank. Every year I go back to that same place mourning the loss of the most important rescue of human development, hoping that someone will find it and be able to save the galaxy for eternity. There is little hope, though, since the stream is long and winding and humans are freckle beings and not that smart. But the Universe is infinite and wise, so we’ll have to wait and see what happens and wonder if there will be a permanent place for us among the stars or that we will be just a small, insignificant spec in the realm of all things.



*Right*What have human beings become? Did war make us evil or did it just activate an evil lurking inside us? Are we guilty of making permanent decisions based on temporary feelings?(BC)

War has been of all ages, it seems ingrained in our DNA. There has not been a single era without any war somewhere. I think it is an evil lurking inside of us. And yes, definitely are we making permanent and really bad decisions based on temporary feelings. In the context of war, but also with regards to our care of the planet, which is real, real bad and the use and exploitation of energy, endangered species and Nature in general. With the speed we are going we will be extinct pretty soon ourselves.



Petra & Arie

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896516-Cancellation-and-doom