*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896532-Fun-Fact-Friday-A-Rant-and-Cancelled
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#896532 added November 4, 2016 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: A Rant and Cancelled
Friday, November 4, 2016

It's Fun Fact Friday and one of the not so fun facts this morning is depression. I know I'm depressed because I can feel the tears collecting at the edges of my mind. I want to cry. I don't have anything to cry about. I know why I want to cry, but there isn't anything I can do about the situation. I had an upsetting encounter with a drunk relative on the phone last night. I'm afraid of the repercussions to the relationship. Until the phone conversation the relationship was better then it had been for years. When I answered the phone the first time I didn't know the person was drunk; you can't tell if a person is drunk without looking at them or talking to them.


I made the mistake of calling the person back after I hung up. We were cut off again when the person hung up on me. I made the mistake of answering it. I finally just ended the conversation and didn't answer the phone the other three times the person called. I don't know if the person will remember the conversation or not. Alcoholics sometimes forget what occurred when they're on a drinking binge. I think the only way to handle this situation is place it in God's hands and get on with my life. I can't continue to worry about someone who doesn't care about anyone but themselves and that' how alcoholics are. They care only about themselves especially when they're on a drunk.

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1981, the second scheduled flight of the space shuttle Columbia was halted with only 31 seconds left in the countdown. Has there ever been a situation that you went through a lot of trouble trying to pull off (or really looked forward to) only to see it cancelled at the last minute? How did you feel about it, and was it, in retrospect, a good or bad decision?

I can't say I've ever experienced a situation like this. That doesn't mean I haven't, it just means that I can't remember experiencing it because something else came up to drive the experience out of my mind. It could also mean that I decided it wasn't God's will for me to do that particular thing at that time and moved on with my life. Right now, I'm attempting to let go of the past and move on with my life. I need to focus on my relations ship with God, my financial situation, and getting published. Anything that doesn't pertain to enhancing those items will end up as collateral damage.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896532-Fun-Fact-Friday-A-Rant-and-Cancelled