*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896637-I-Want-to-Order
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#896637 added November 5, 2016 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
I Want to Order!
Creation Saturday!

You're in charge of building the ideal robot- the robot science fiction has been telling us for decades is eventually gonna exist. What is it going to look like, how is it going to function, and what role will it play in your day-to-day existence...complementary, or otherwise?

Merit Badge in Creativity
[Click For More Info]

Winning entry for the May 2016
Andre the Blog Monkey's Coloring Contest
in The Blogging Banana Bar
***CONGRATULATIONS***


Paid Programming:

Is hosted by Bill Bright: Mr. Bright is young man wearing a blue casual suit. He has brown hair, glasses, and seems very relaxed before the camera. He almost reminds me of Clark Kent only not very shy.

Script:
Bill Bright: “Hello to all you viewers. I’m here to introduce the product you’ve all been hearing about on the news. With me is Marla."

Marla: A young woman wearing black Linen slacks, a purple silk shirt with long flowing sleeves and a cream colored tunic vest, steps up beside the host and waves. “Hello, I’m Marla.” Her long brown hair drapes gently across her shoulders.

“Marla, what do you do every day. I mean how do you spend your time?”
“Well Bill, I’m an on call personnel for the company called If You Have a Problem We Can Fix It.”
“What are your duties for the company, if I may ask?”
“Of course Bill. I ‘m on call to fix what ever problems people hire us to fix?”
“Can you be more specific Marla?”
“ For instance, one day I may be a hostess for a children’s school party in place of a parent who cannot attend because of a work problem. Another time, I may be driving around an elderly person who called us to help them reach a meeting or get to an appointment somewhere. As a matter of fact, yesterday I was sent by the company to be a checkout clerk at a local eatery. All I did, all day long was run a cash register. Every day can be different. You see Bill, our company does emergency service for just any type of emergency.”
“Is this quite study work?”
“Oh yes! I work long hours. It is rewarding work, but at night I go home and I want to just rest and relax.”
“Hah! Now we are down to the story we came here to tell.”
“Marla smiles and places her hand on Bill’s arm.”
“Bill I want you to meet my helper, ALERX” A small child like robot walks up to the two adults. It is 4 foot tall humanoid in appearance.
ALERX holds out his hand to Bill to shake. “Hi. Marla calls me Bitsy you may too.”
“Bitsy, What is your day like? I mean what do you do all day?”
“I work for Marla. I do what she needs done when she isn’t home.”
“What are Bitsy's duties Marla?
“Bitsy washes the dishes, cleans the windows, does all the vacuuming, feeds the dog and puts him in and out. Bitsy even cleaned the garage one day when I wasn’t home.”
“How does Bitsy know how to do what needs to be accomplished every day, Marla”
“Come over here Bill.” Marla walks across the staged room, to a computer.
“See this program.” she calls up a little app with a picture of Bitsy on it. It opens to a daily schedule on a calendar. “I check Bitsy’s calendar and put in the duties it needs to complete. Bitsy turns on at a scheduled time of day reads its duties wirelessly then proceeds to get its scheduled work done. So, when I come home after a long day I can rest and relax. I keep the calendar in the cloud so I can call it up from my phone and add or delete jobs from wherever I am. Bitsy can even take my dog out into the enclosed yard and throw a ball for him. There is a camera on Bitsy, that I can access, so I can checkup on it wherever I may be.”
At this point in the program a film is rolling, featuring Bitsy at work and playing with Marla’s Dog.
In the background Marla is explaining how efficient the robot child can be.
“ ALERX can be bought for specific business. They can be programmed to do secretarial work, fly an airplane or run a farm. There is a wide range of their abilities depending on the buyer.”
“Bill turns to face the audience, “The kicker is; this is the new specialty robot the world has been waiting for isn’t it? It is a remarkable helper for a remarkable price.” Bill goes into the selling spiel for the robot. Phones start ringing in the background as orders pour in.
Bill smiles into the camera, “Only $50.00 as long as the supply lasts. Order now. Who can resist?”
The program ends while Bill and Marla stand by the phones as robot helpers take the calls and list the orders..
Red Dragon















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896637-I-Want-to-Order