*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896687-The-Sunday-News-Time-Change-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#896687 added November 6, 2016 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Time Change Sunday
Sunday, November 6, 2016

I early voted because I'm working the election polls on Tuesday, November 8. I would have early voted anyway because I don't like standing in line with dozens of people in front of me or behind me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking to people who appear either relatively sane or insane depending on the situation and where I am. However, I don't like standing in line where a political discussion could lead to violence or me shout "FUCK OFF!" to someone. As a results of my early voting and the political commercials irritating me or causing my stomach to get upset, I haven't watched television in over a week and I haven't read an offline newspaper in year. Therefore, my only new is the headlines that appear on the Welcome page when I boot my computer or on Bing. This limits the type of news I get unless I actively search for specific news subjects.


The prompt for The Sunday News for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS and "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise Day 972
This Sunday, your challenge is to pick a news story and start a conversation about it. What are your thoughts on the subject? Do you feel that others will agree? If so, why? If not, why not?


It's time
for time to fall back
and for people to stumble
out of bed wondering
"What the hell time
is it anyway!"


I look at the time on my computer. It reads 7:51 AM and I think: That can't be right. It's got to be later. I look at the date, which reads 11/6/2016. I realize that it's Time Change Sunday (my designation for the day the time either falls back or leaps forward). It's now Standard Time instead of Daylight Time. I remember waking up this morning at, what I thought was 2:00 AM, to find that my smartphone time read 1:00 AM. I breath a sigh of relief when I realize that my smartphone didn't fall off the side stand when time fell back.

*Clock* The history of Daylight Saving Time (DST) goes all the way back to 1918 and was rejected by the public a year later.
*Clock2* During World War II it was called War Time.
*Clock* I became part of the Uniform Time Act of 1966.
*Clock2* Because of the 1973 energy crises it became year round from January 1974 to April 1975.
*Clock* It used to begin on the first Sunday in April and end on the last Sunday in October, but that changed in 2007.
*Clock2* It now begins on the second Sunday in March and ends in the first week of November.

What are my thoughts on the subject? It's dangerous because it could result in accidents. Since I have not choice in the matter, which must in someway violate my Constitutional Rights, I simply have to accept it or be either an hour early or an hour late for my doctor's appointments. Since I always get to my doctor at least one hour before my appointment I the time change screws up everything even more.

What do I think other people will think of this subject? I believe that everyone has the right to their own opinion. It doesn't matter to me if they agree with me or not.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896687-The-Sunday-News-Time-Change-Sunday