*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896967-War-Chest-Wednesday-Philosophy-of-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#896967 added November 9, 2016 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Philosophy of Life
Wednesday, November 9, 2016

It's nice to be back online. On Tuesday, November 8, I worked the election polls. I was at my assigned location from 5:30 AM to 7:30 PM. I was worn out by the time I got home, so I didn't get online. I ate something, watched a little television (nothing about the election) and then went to sleep. I woke up about 4:30 AM this morning, but didn't get up until 5:00. I didn't find out who won until after I got online and decided to check the election results on Bing. Of course, I cried, but then wiped the tears away because the people have spoken. I made my voice heard by voting. I did my civic duty by working the election polls. I've decide the best approach is to pray for the country, its elected officials, and look forward to what the next four years brings. I have no doubt that the next four years will be exciting, interesting, and stressful, but I have decided that I will survive.


The War Chest Wednesday for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What is your "philosophy of life"...the idea that guides the way you live? And why have you chosen it?

Philosophy of Life

My philosophy of life has changed, evolved since I became a Baha'i. At one time it consisted of not speaking up, which I suspect was the results of childhood sexual abuse, and keeping my thoughts to myself. When I was growing up there were certain things one didn't speak of outside the family. You didn't air your dirty laundry in public (so to speak). After became a Baha'i, I realized that this attitude only cause the issues to because ice burgs with their biggest part underwater and that they could wreck a ship, a family, a nation, etc. I also realized that, contrary to the subliminal information, I received from the church I attended and people in my life that humanity was a single species and God a single creative force with many names.


Today, my life's philosophy is to put my trust in God and move forward. I attempt to speak up or out against injustice, I won't say I always succeed in overcome the fears of my childhood, but I'm making progress. I accept that God sent other messengers beside Christ to lead humanity into the future. I also believe that America has a wonderful future if we can overcome the racial, political, religious, and other prejudices that haunt us today. I'm sure we will overcome those prejudices; however, in order to do that each individual has to question the prejudices they were taught as children. We, as individuals, have to search for truth ourselves. I attempt to do this, I won't say I'm always successful in overcoming the idea that one should not question authority or that one should look at the sins of others while ignoring their own; I'm making an attempt to spiritually mature which has become my philosophy of life.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896967-War-Chest-Wednesday-Philosophy-of-Life