*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897075-Inconceivable
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#897075 added November 10, 2016 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Inconceivable!
PROMPT: The Wildcard Round! Pick a quote from one of your favourite movies and tell us how you relate to it.
         Well, this probably doesn't come as a shock to anyone, but I love comedies! I appreciate the verbiage, the innuendos, the entendres, the puns, and the word play. Imagine eliciting a laugh with just the right line. There are so many movies... so many quotes... Where to begin?
          Okay, one movie I could happily view repeatedly is 'The Princess Bride.' The dialogue is witty, ridiculous, and sublime. The heroes engage in swordplay as they banter. They laugh in the face of danger. Here are a few sample quotes. "Life isn't fair, it's just fairer than death, that's all." "Love is many things none of them logical." "Mawidge is a dweam wiffin a dweam." "Inconceivable!"
          I've been married for a good many years to a man I sometimes tease as being humour-impaired. Actually, he just has more of a discriminatory taste. He's not always expecting the bizarre, or prepared to laugh at everything. There's no rhyme or reason, no logic as to why we formed a partnership. I know I never had any clear-cut expectations. Neither of us is perfect, but we respect each other. There was no crystal ball, no portents, no lucky charms. We supported each other, and the best weapon in our arsenal was a sense of humour. We've endured the usual relationship roadblocks: accidents, financial difficulties, illness, death, re-locations, new careers. We never permitted any of it to over-shadow us. Give up?...inconceivable! We're not finished bugging each other. There are so many potential laughs in our future.
The following lines star in another of my favourite comedies. Hey, they also relate to a marriage, a partnership. There's not always obvious sexual tension. Sometimes, there is miscommunication, wires become crossed. To be fair, two people are not constantly in tune, or on the same wave length. Admittedly, listening may suffer. Anyway, I present dialogue from a Mel Brooks classic, 'Young Frankenstein.' Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "Well, dear, are you ready?" Inga: "Yes, doctor." Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "Elevate me." Inga: "Now? Right here?" Dr. F.F.: "Yes, yes, raise the platform." Inga: "Oh. Ze platform. Oh, zat, yah, yah,...yes."
         Perspective is everything. Hubby and I still giggle in reference to a hotel stay years ago. Five of us, that is to say us, and our three children, were splashing, and soaking in a pool. As the responsible parents, he and I did more wading than swimming so we could watch the kids. Our youngest had an aqua lung because she could and would stay submerged for long periods. We'd learned this from trial and error. I think she was three, and an avid water devotee. Anywho, three times an upset, irate Pakistani woman rescued this daughter from what she perceived as imminent drowning. She would dive into the deep end, grab our kicking, protesting child, and drag her back to us. Each time, this muttering, head-shaking good-deeder thrust our squirming baby into our arms. To be fair, there was a language barrier, but we understood she was disapproving. We still laugh to see the look of horror on that woman's face when we let go, and our little 'fish' returned to swimming. Did she really believe we were oblivious, and unaware? Inconceivable!

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897075-Inconceivable