*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897185-Transistion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#897185 added November 11, 2016 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Transistion
         Ok, we don't always get what we want. But we don't refuse to work, or take care of the kids, or carry out our normal duties. The farmer still has cows to milk and pigs to feed. Mothers still have diapers to change and lunches to pack. Life goes on, no matter how disappointed we are. Allowing Yale students to miss mid-terms for grieving is wrong. Allowing high school students to miss school or get special counseling is wrong. The pampering is very bad for them and for all of us. Help them buck up and get on with life. Demand it. Teachers, professors and administrators need to grow a backbone.

         If people protest over a legal election and block the streets, what would they do if the stock market failed, or a company closed its doors leaving thousands of people unemployed? It happens. People lose their jobs, but they don't get excused from obeying the laws or personal hygiene or cleaning house or taking out the garbage. Life goes on.

         It's unfortunate that this election we had two horrible human beings to choose from. Everyone had to choose the one he or she felt was least evil, or not vote for the candidates at all, but for the direction the party is taking the country.There were scary elements if either of them won. But let's get over the whining, the mud-slinging, and the nastiness. Let's get beyond the melodrama and the outrage. What a nation of spoiled brats we have become!

         America has been through tough times before, and no worse than now. None of us are old enough to say that this is the worst time in our history. Be truthful. Our country is bigger than any one individual. If the one elected can't lead, he's out in four years. But he may prove to be a terrible orator with a knack for hiring the right people. News commentators and public speakers give a lot of big words trying to stir up trouble, promoting civil uprisings. All those appearing in front of a camera should stop making divisive comments and try working to improve the life of working and poor people.

         People watching Miley Cyrus crying should just realize that's normal teenage angst. it always happens about something. I probably cried over a few things myself, a little younger, but people of my age didn't have cameras or social media to share it with the rest of the world. We cried our tears and wailed in private. She's been pampered and is just immature. She will gain wisdom with age; that's the only way to get it.

         The biggest message for young people should be that anyone can strive to be president. You don't have to have the most money to win a campaign. You don't have to be a professional politician. But you should be disciplined. I hope we do have a woman president in my life time. But I hop she is honorable, trustworthy, and has a clean background. I want her to be worthy of the position and not get elected just because she's female.

         Meanwhile everyone needs to get over their disappointment and start working to unify our country, to live for noble ideals of brotherhood, free enterprise, equal opportunity, and decent standards of living. It can be done.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897185-Transistion