*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897313-The-Sunday-News-Opinions-of-Snow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#897313 added November 13, 2016 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Opinions of Snow
Sunday, November 13, 2016

A chilly morning
Air cold to my bare arms
It's sweatshirt weather

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
This week, it's been reported that Russia is considering blocking access to the employment-oriented social networking site LinkedIn   because the site is in violation of a rule requiring data on Russian citizens to be stored on servers inside the country. What do you think about that, and what role do you think governments should play regarding what websites their citizens should be allowed to visit?

I tend to agree that data on any nation's citizens should be stored on a server in the country of citizenship, which doesn't necessarily make the data any safer then storing it on a server in another country. It doesn't matter in which country a server is located it can still be hacked by people both within and outside the country. I suspect this is an issue that will come up for all countries eventually. The best solution would be an international body, which has the power to enforce international data laws, governing the storage of data. Since this may or may not happen in the foreseeable future then each country has to make sure the data of its citizens is as safe as possible under the present world conditions. I suspect LinkedIn will solve this issue to the best interest of its bottom line regardless of what is best for its customers.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 979
There is a personality trait in many people; it is something you really admire, but you don't possess much of it. However, there is a way you can trade your most favorite thing about yourself in order to attain this trait. Are you or are you not willing to make that deal, and what are the traits involved?

It depends on what the personality trait is and on what I'd have to trade. There are certain intangible assets that aren't worth giving up for any tangible or intangible acquisition. One of these is a person's faith, one may change religions after a search for one they find more acceptable, comforting, or that answers their questions better than the one they were born into. One may also change their religion after an awakening or enlightening spiritual experience, but people don't normally trade their religion for a personality trait or even their lives.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897313-The-Sunday-News-Opinions-of-Snow