*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897600-Knowing-Him---October-22
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#897600 added November 17, 2016 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Knowing Him - October 22

Jesus tells us about His second coming:

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on His right and the goats on his left.

"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited Me in, I needed clothes and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you came to visit Me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink? When did we see You sick or in prison and go to visit You?'

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, You did for Me.'" ~Matthew 25:31-40


Faith without works is dead. (Read James 2:14-26.) Our faith should motivate us to action.

There is such a thing as a "nominal" Christian... that's a Christian in name only. His/her life does not reflect the love and attributes of God.

Jesus says that many call Him Lord, and yet they serve another. In that day they will say, Lord, Lord and He will say, "Depart from Me, I never knew you."

Won't you make Jesus the Lord of your life today? Turn your life over to Him, completely... and then you will really begin to know Him.

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897600-Knowing-Him---October-22