*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897657-Old-school-magic-and-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#897657 added November 16, 2016 at 3:24am
Restrictions: None
Old school, magic and Life
*Right*War Chest Wednesday! What Lo-Fi, non-electronic, or old school things from the past do you still enjoy today?(30-Day BC)

Reading physical books instead of an e-reader; using my ordinary cell phone to make phone calls and text messages instead of an I-phone; doing the dishes by hand instead of a washing machine. Apart from the first one, I have an e-reader but don’t use it often; it all comes down to lack of money (I-phone) and space (washing machine). Secretly I enjoy being somewhat from the old school.



*Right*Prompt: "Magic exists. Who can doubt it when there are rainbows and wild flowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars. Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of our lives." Nora Roberts. This is a beautiful quote. Write anything you want about this.(BC)

Indeed magic exists. For me it all comes down to experiencing Nature. I can be touched by a spark in the sky when I see trees or watch the clouds or enjoy a stroll outside in the pouring rain with the light of day and the smells of wet grasses and mud. But also experiencing the behavior of my dog or feel the working existence of my Muse when I write. Magic is awesome, it is a sense of awe and wonder in a mundane world, it is that sudden realization that there is more to Life that meets the eye, that I am part of a bigger picture, that there is that unknown world of fantasy, mystery and belief out there letting me know that it is real.



*Right*Prompt: "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out." John Wooden. Let this quote inspire your Wednesday writing.(BcoFs)

Perhaps the best way to approach Life is to let Life surprise you and then adjust to it. I’ve noticed that when I want to force things to happen it never does, but when I adapt to Life’s turn out and make the best of it then it works for me. I have to sort of go with the flow of things and don’t get in the way of what Life has in store for me. Life is the big picture; I am but a small part of it, a small wheel within wheels. If I make myself more important and think to take over I am in trouble. That doesn’t mean I can’t make decisions, but I have to listen to what Life wants from me first and fit my decision right in. That way everything runs smoothly and I can be happy no matter what happens.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897657-Old-school-magic-and-Life