*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897886-Bedrooms-quotes-and-astrology
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#897886 added November 19, 2016 at 5:43am
Restrictions: None
Bedrooms, quotes and astrology
*Right*Creation Saturday! When someone says "And this is where the magic happens!", what are they referring to? Take this prompt in any direction your imagination lets you.(30-Day BC)

It is the phrase used when celebrities or semi-celebrities in television shows show their bedrooms. They don’t want to use the word sex on the air so they are disguising their referral to this phrase. The magic being the magical time in bed with their spouse, other half or one night stands, depending on the situation. I think real celebs that are that because they have done something important are less willing to show their intimate quarters to the public, but the has-beens and would-be celebs show it with great enthusiasm. I am not sure why because it is of no importance to me to look at another person’s bed. I am not very interested in those things. A lot of so-called celebs have money but no taste when it comes to decorating their houses. A lot look alike since it is done by the same interior decorators in the same style. And a bed is just a bed!



*Right*"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."~ Marcus Aurelius. "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."~ Marcus Aurelius. Do you agree or disagree with Mr. Aurelius? Please discuss both of his quotes. (BC)

I agree with the first quote. Universal truths are hard to find. What’s the truth to one person is just an opinion to another. It all depends on perspective, history, and place in time. There are however things a lot of societies hold dear like: thou shalt not kill. But at the same time, there are a lot of wars, murders, and killings by governments so people break that rule all the time. I am an adept of postmodernism with great skeptics towards ideology and absolute truths. I think people and societies use narratives with their own interpretation, context, and constructs.

The second quote is somewhat complicated: power over your own mind is relative to my opinion; you cannot trust your own mind all the time. And outside events are also controllable only partly so I am inclined not to agree with the second quote.



*Right*Prompt: "I don't believe in astrology. I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical." Sir Arthur C. Clark. Use this quote to inspire a story, poem, etc.(BCoFs)

Of course this is meant to be funny, and it is. I am also a skeptic to astrology, but I find it amusing sometimes to look at the horoscope and see what the day has in store for me, a Leo:

Sink a little deeper into those sofa cushions, Leo. The Sun is in Scorpio and your domestic fourth house until November 21, your annual time for nesting and resting at home base. Slow your pace, skip a few of the parties and curl up with a mug of turmeric tea or a good book. Focusing on home improvements; perusing interior design blogs (like this awesome place to buy and sell used furniture: https://www.aptdeco.com). Try out some new recipes or invite loved ones over and reminisce ’til your heart’s content. http://www.elle.com/horoscopes/monthly/a77/leo-monthly-horoscope/

It is that time of the year to slow down a little so this monthly horoscope is right on the spot this time. *Bigsmile*

Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897886-Bedrooms-quotes-and-astrology