*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898638-November-29
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#898638 added November 29, 2016 at 6:37am
Restrictions: None
November 29
*Right*What do you do to keep yourself in a positive state of health mentally and emotionally?(30-Day BC-the Wordy Jay )

I try to keep my household in order, to keep the chaos out. I try to enjoy the little things in life that keep me happy and sane. I enjoy the presence of my dog Arie every day because he makes me smile. Smiling is a great tool to keep positive. When I feel blue I try to keep myself as busy as possible. Sometimes I take a nap during the day when I feel a little worn out. But all in all, I try to lead a positive life and try not to sink into that blue state. Writing is a very important tool to accomplish that.



*Right*Oh no....Your camera has images on it that you haven't taken. Tell us all about what you discovered.(BcoFs)

My camera is in a closed cabinet, so either someone has taken it and used it or my dog has taken the pictures. Or I have taken it myself and can’t remember which is even worse because that means I am a little bit demented. Either way, there is something not right. So I will be aware of anything else out of the ordinary. And act accordingly.



*Right* In The Treatise of Tahlan, an ancient treatise for samurais, Paulo Coelho says, “The more we feel we are in control, the farther we are from controlling anything at all. A threat gives no warning, and a quick reaction cannot be programmed like a walk on Sunday afternoon. So if you want to be in harmony with your love or with your fight, learn to react fast.” How good are you in reacting fast? How good are the characters you create? Do you ever think about their reaction time?(BC)

I never think about reaction time in my stories except when it is relevant in the story. In case the action is a clue in the rest of the story I can postpone it or delay it. Other than that it is not in the back of my mind to think about it. I am somewhat slow in my reaction time myself. I used to think first and react later, except when it hits a chord then I react fast and thus too fast sometimes. I think taking a few seconds to digest what’s been said is the best. A fast reaction time is only necessary in fleeing or fighting, those primary reactions in life. Then you have to react first and think later.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898638-November-29