*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899069-Motivational-Monday-The-Journey-and-Inspiration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#899069 added December 5, 2016 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: The Journey and Inspiration
Monday, December 5, 2016

 The Leering Snowman  (18+)
A Winter Solstice Tale
#2104472 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1000
Happy 1000th, Blog City!
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao-tzu
What is your take on this saying? How much importance do you attach to the beginnings and completions of anything?

I like this saying because it's encouraging and suggests hope. Beginnings are important because they imply a new phase or a new project. Finishing anything is important unless it becomes an obsession that interferes with learning. The important part of any project or journey is what a person learns while moving toward the completion and part of the learning process is failure. If a person becomes so obsessed with completing the project that failure is no longer an option then the person has ceased to learn because in this state one doesn't learn from success anymore then one learns from failure.


The prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends DAY 1481
What inspiring poem, short story, chapter, essay, article, blog entry or something else on writing.com lately? If, so what was it? Why or how did it inspire you? Can you post a link to it in your blog entry?

I've read numerous inspiring items since I joined in 2002. This last week I read two items, both by sybarrios, that were both inspiring and motivating. The first was the In & Out "Invalid Item which invites members to submit items, quotes, links and images promoting oneness, respect and compassion for others. I like this In & Out so much that I made it one of my favorites. The other was a short story titled "Invalid Item. It is a fantasy set in another dimension and I'm planning to include it in my next edition of the fantasy newsletter which comes out at the end of December.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899069-Motivational-Monday-The-Journey-and-Inspiration