*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899224-Midweek-Reflections-on-Treasures-and-Dreams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#899224 added December 7, 2016 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Treasures and Dreams
Wednesday, December 7, 2016

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2103770 by Not Available.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1002
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." Thornton Wilder Do you agree? What are your thoughts on this?

Our treasures are the spiritual attributes we develop while we are living on this earthly plain. We live when we are developing these attributes through the tests and difficulties we face as we move through the journey of matter. When we practice the sacred virtues of prudence, justice, temperance (restriction or restraint of our lower nature), courage (fortitude), tolerance, hope, love (charity), faith, and patience. There are other spiritual attributes or virtues, but these nine cover those I can think of right now. While our souls and bodies are partners in this world, we have the choice to develop these virtues. When death separates our souls and bodies then we move into the spiritual realm and the grace of God.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1483
"The conscious mind allows itself to be trained like a parrot, but the unconscious does not -- which is why St. Augustine thanked God for not making him responsible for his dreams." C.G. Jung" What do you think about this?

Dreams come from the unconscious mind. They come to us for a purpose which is either to relax our conscious mind, review the events of our day, or for some other reason. From my own experience with dreams, I suspect sometimes they are messages from loved ones whose souls have ascended after death. I also believe, from my experiences, that some dreams are message from God or one of God's messengers. I think people have to look at their own dreams and interrupt them from the point of view of their own life and experience. True there are some dream symbols that have common elements, but even in these cases individuals have to look a dreams to find any message that they contains.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899224-Midweek-Reflections-on-Treasures-and-Dreams