*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899347-WHY-DO-WE-NEED-TO-WAIT-ON-GOD
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#899347 added December 11, 2016 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
WHY DO WE NEED TO "WAIT" ON GOD?

Why does God make us wait on Him for answers to prayer? I've never really thought much about it until today while reading my devotions... but it does seem to be His way.

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. ~Psalm27:14

We do gain courage and are strengthened when after we have waited---sometimes a very long time---and then God answers. Waiting also forces us to press in, persevere in prayer... It helps us to think things through too.

In need of more financial resources to make ends meet and live the abundant life, I prayed and had to wait... During the waiting period I had a chance to really look at myself and also ask myself what I may be doing to delay God's answer. I also prayed for seed because I was having difficulty paying my tithe, along with my bills... yet I knew the tithe was so important to God---as a matter of trust and obedience.

(1) I needed to tithe without question and expect Him to answer... so I started doing this. I had some slips along the way, but I persevered.

(2) I had to ask myself some hard questions about whether or not I really "needed" some of the things I was paying for from month to month---thus cutting my internet bill in half, shaving about $40 off my car insurance, and inquiring as to a renegotiation of my car loan for a lower interest rate (which I got without lengthening the term of my loan).

After thinking it through and "doing what I could," out of nowhere, my boss asked me how long I had been working for him and then gave me a $50-a-week raise. (Mark 14:8)

God is sovereign. He's like a really, really good dad----the best of dads... and everything He does for us (even making us wait sometimes) is in our best interest.

Waiting strengthens our faith too... We press into the scriptures and find out what God says about something and gain insight into His character and are strengthened by standing on His Word... His promises to us.

When I first got saved, I thought I had to live for God perfectly. So, the first time I messed up royally, I thought I just had to go to hell---that I couldn't do it... and told Him so outright. Then He spoke to me in that "still small voice" and said, I will help you. And He has, all along the way, by the power of His Holy Spirit.

Though I fall, I shall arise. ~Micah 7:8

God is good, all the time... Oh, how He loves us.

© Copyright 2016 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899347-WHY-DO-WE-NEED-TO-WAIT-ON-GOD