*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899501-December-12
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#899501 added December 12, 2016 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
December 12
** Image ID #2104161 Unavailable **

Today an early rise. We are having breakfast outdoors since we are going snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWEvM-svdU. Although I have been diving in the past, snorkeling is new to me. But I soon get the hang of it. It’s the most wonderful world under water, I totally enjoy today.

Some interesting facts and statistics about the magical Great Barrier Reef I found on the Internet. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living thing on Earth and is visible from outer space! This incredible eco-system is 2,300km long. There are thousands of reefs and hundreds of islands. There are 600 types of hard and soft coral. This impressive reef is home to countless species including 6 species of turtles, 215 species of birds, 17 species of sea snakes and more than 1,500 species of fish! 10% of the world’s total fish species can be found just within the Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef attracts over 2,000,000 visitors each year! How old is the Great Barrier Reef? It is thought to be as much as 20,000,000 years old! The Great Barrier Reef is greater is size than Tasmania and Victoria combined! The Great Barrier Reef is the size of 70 million football fields…. WOW!

I am glad to have witnessed this wonder of Nature before climate change will ruin the coral forever.

*Right*Breakthrough message https://breakthroughinitiatives.org/Initiative/2 wants to encourage people to discuss the possibility of communicating with intelligent beings in other parts of the universe. They ask "If we or others succeed in discovering another civilization, what – if anything – should we say to them?" How would you answer this question?(BcoFs)

I would communicate the whole series of Star trek to them. Old and new. I think that series is excellent in explaining what we think about ourselves and what we want from other species in the Universe.



*Right*Prompt: “The big questions are always the ones you can’t even ask.” Davina Blake—Past Encounters: A World War II novel. What do you think are the big questions? How many can you come up with. (BC)

My big questions are: Why are we here? What is my purpose in Life? I am still struggling with those two.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899501-December-12