*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899880-Failure
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#899880 added December 19, 2016 at 12:35am
Restrictions: None
Failure
"Failure

I have to agree with Coco Chanel in saying that "Success is achieved by those eho don't know that failure is inevitable."

I have been a writer since I can remember. The only thing I ever wanted to do was be a published author and know that people everywhere were reading my words. I spent my entire life in pursuit of that goal. I received enough rejection slips that I could literally have wallpapered the White House with them but quitting was never an option for me. In my mind there was no way I was going to fail. People close to me, particularly my own family, ridiculed me all the time for pursuing my dream. I was considered lazy. I was called a dreamer. I was considered insane. I was basically worthless. My mother often told me that my problem was that I was unwilling to accept an entry level position. Instead I wanted to start at the top and work my way down. Ridicule was all I knew but I was unwilling to give up. I believed in myself whether anybody else did or not. I'm an old school writer. I didn't believe in self-publishing. I saw it as vanity. If my work was quality a publisher would pay the publishing costs. It took years but finally in 2003 I won my first contract. Another followed in 2005 and two more in 2010. So failure never entered my mind. The only failure tome is one who never tries.

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899880-Failure