*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899944-NOTHING-MENTAL
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#899944 added December 20, 2016 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
NOTHING MENTAL
As acquired knowledge is left behind, what is found is that you have left your familiar sense of self behind.

That self only existed in the accumulation of knowledge and experience. Something very interesting happens when you leave it all behind, because you are literally leaving your memory behind.

You leave behind who you thought you were, whoever you thought your parents were, and everything else you thought and believed. Yesterday is gone. Then a very interesting thing starts to be noticed: you can leave all of that behind and still you are—you are right here and right now. So what you are becomes even more mysterious.

When you realize that you can leave every self-definition behind and still you are, then you begin to see that these thoughts must not be what you are. In other words, who are you when you are not thinking yourself into existence? Who are you when you give up all thoughts, even the ones that you are not supposed to question, such as, "I am a human being. I am a woman or I am a man. I am somebody’s daughter or son."

You start to see that when you are not thinking yourself into existence, who you have taken yourself to be literally isn't there anymore. If this "you" can disappear like that and reappear as soon as you think it into existence, how real is it?

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899944-NOTHING-MENTAL