*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900230-Day-1202---Miracles
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900230 added December 25, 2016 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1202 - Miracles
"Day 1202 - Miracles

The "known universe" or that part of the universe we can observe with the Hubble telescope has an estimated 180 billion galaxies. Many of those galaxies are much bigger than our own. The galaxy in which we live, the Milky Way, is estimated to have over 400 billion stars. Each of those 400 billion stars in our galaxy and the countless quadrillions of stars in the known universe is an independent solar system. Many of them are likely to have planets of their own. The point is that the universe is a mighty big place! Hubble can only see so much of it and logic dictates that beyond what Hubble can see there has to be more universe rolling into infinity. The fact that the universe is such a huge place means that anything is possible. If one can think of an event, the possibility is that it has already happened at least once someplace in the universe. It makes no difference how odd the event or how incalculable the odds of it happening by chance because even odds of 100 quadrillion to one are infinitely small on the scale of the universe. On a universal scale, anything that can happen will happen and anything that can't happen will likely still happen! It's wonderful to believe in miracles. I too get much comfort from believing that some entity of plenipotentiary power is altering the course of events for the good of mankind. However the fact remains that mathematically speaking anything can happen by pure chance on the universal scale. The universe is one giant crap shoot and you never know what might come with the next roll of the dice. This isn't because some entity is pushing things along. Instead it's because the number of dice being rolled in the universe is so large. Imagine a basket the size of the Earth. The basket is full to overflowing with dice the size of the dice used in Las Vegas. Them imagine all those dice being rolled at once! This is a description of the events taking place every day in our universe. No matter how large the odds of it occurring naturally are, it could still do just that.

i'm not saying all of this to deny the existence of God. I believe God exists. I'm simply saying that the events we consider miracles may not necessarily be the handiwork of God. They could simply be once in a lifetime events that happen by pure chance.

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900230-Day-1202---Miracles