*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900317-A-List-of-Mundane-Things-I-Hate
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2091338
A blog for all things personal, informational, educational, and fun.
#900317 added December 27, 2016 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
A List of Mundane Things I Hate
So in honour of the season, I felt the need to share a list of things I can't stand, and a brief explanation of why. This list was inspired by my final Christmas shopping trip.

1. Shopping In Crowded Places
It's too hot. Everyone is loud and slow and standing in front of what I need. People forget how to drive in a busy parking lot and choose to nearly wipe out pedestrians. I love Christmas shopping because I love gifting. It brings me to a genuinely happy place. Unfortunately that happiness is disturbed by overcrowded malls.

2. Olives
They are just gross. The taste and texture are both awful. I honestly think that once you taste an olive, it can never be untasted. I haven't eaten an olive since I was a kid, but I know I still hate them because I can still taste it.

3. Velvet
I feel like I should like velvet since it is so pretty, but it just feels terrible. I feel the need to wash my hands whenever I touch it. I have a velvet covered copy of Anne of Green Gables that I adore, but I honestly try not to touch the cover too much. Velvet dresses are adorable, but I can't bring myself to wear them.

4. Fake Pockets
Why do these even exist? Pockets are not a fashion statement, they are for holding things. I have so many things I could be using pockets for, and those things do not include making a statement without being useful at all. The only statement my pockets should make is that they hold things.

5. Drivers Who Turn On Their Turn Signals At The Last Moment When Pedestrians Are Waiting
This is basically entirely because I am extremely tired of waiting for drivers to go before I cross when it turns out they were going a different direction altogether and I didn't need to wait at all. Why would anyone do this?

6. People Who Don't Know You That Well But Continually Try To Finish Your Sentences All The Time Anyway
I know a few people who do this. I don't understand the compulsion. Usually they are not good enough at it to be effective, but actually just end up using my words as they wait for them to come out of my mouth, so it's almost at the same time and they can act like they anticipated what I was going to say. It might be a skill, in and of itself, to be able to say a person's words as they are saying them. That said, it's a highly annoying skill that I want no part of.

© Copyright 2016 Lady Elizabeth Mormont (UN: elizabethlk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Elizabeth Mormont has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900317-A-List-of-Mundane-Things-I-Hate