*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900678-Thoughts-and-Resolutions
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#900678 added December 31, 2016 at 6:18am
Restrictions: None
Thoughts and Resolutions.
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover!


DAY 1507: December 31, 2016
Prompt: What is better than gold?

Love, family, friends and good health are far better than gold! These are things that no amount of money can buy. We do need money to survive, but once our basic needs are met, food, shelter, etc. there is no need to pile up money in the corners of our homes. I feel sad for the millionaires that have everything money can buy yet know nothing of love, family, and friends.



As 2016 comes to an end, it's time to reflect on what happened both good and bad.

Something I realized this year:
TV, from children's shows, sitcoms, and commercials are slowly brainwashing us to give up our values and beliefs; to conform and assimilate to the norm. Assimilate has the word similar within it and in fact, means "to become like something else." I want to think for myself not become a sheep following the flock.

At the same time, national newscasts and social media dull our senses and make us passive. We look at horrendous images of war, school shootings, etc and shrug our shoulders. The daily repetition of news about things we can't act upon wears us down until we adopt a worldview that is pessimistic, desensitized, and fatalistic.


These are my major resolutions for 2017

1. Watch less TV and avoid social media. *Facebook* I will be continuing with WDC, of course.

2. I'm seeing a physiotherapist, she has given me a sheet of exercises - mostly stretching and range of motion for now. I'm sticking with the program and hoping for some improvement. So that is an important resolution to keep for 2016.
While all around me people are trying to lose weight, I'm fighting to put some on!

3. Resolution # 3 will involve better nutrition. *Bread* *Apple* *CupcakeY* Well, maybe not cupcakes...

4, They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. It takes much longer to break one! Yes, #4 will involve breaking habits!

5. Most of all, concentrating on health, maintaining and improving relationships, and thinking positive thoughts are on my list.

Resolutions are funny things, they don't just happen, you have to work hard to keep them!

Wishing all my WDC friends and family a Happy New Year!


River *Heart*



© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900678-Thoughts-and-Resolutions