*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903781-Groundhog-Day-Time-Warp
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#903781 added February 2, 2017 at 10:56am
Restrictions: None
Groundhog Day/ Time Warp
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover!


DAY 1540 February 2, 2017

Prompt: AKA Groundhog Day here in the States. Now I;m sure some of you remember Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day when everything happens over and over again like in a time warp....it just keeps happening. Let's pretend we're stuck in one moment in time and it repeats over and over. What would you want to repeat over and over? And what would you dread more than anything if it did repeat.


It's also Groundhog Day in Canada! It is snowing heavily, I don't think any self-respecting groundhog would venture out of his burrow today. I know he wouldn't see his shadow if he did. No shadow indicates spring is on the way.

The Groundhog sees his shadow.


Time Warp.
If I had to choose a moment in time I'd like to repeat over and over it would be when my newborn grandson was placed in my arms for the first time. I felt an overpowering sense of love as I looked down at him. An instant bond was formed between us that still exists today. It was a beautiful moment.

What would I dread most? When I was twelve years old I was grabbed by a pedophile. His intent was to rape me, beat me to death with a tire iron, and dump my body in the woods. I managed to escape, but I can still see his pig-like eyes staring at me. No, I wouldn't want to be stuck in that time warp.

That's all for this time, folks.
Have a good Thursday!

River *Heart*

© Copyright 2017 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903781-Groundhog-Day-Time-Warp