*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900701-Tempus-Fugit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#900701 added December 31, 2016 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Tempus Fugit
It's believed the world has lost more celebrities during 2016 than any other year. Indeed there have been some shocking and unexpected famous losses throughout the year, which is very sad I agree. But life is precarious and fragile for us all and much as we'd prefer to keep these famous folk amongst us, I fail to see why people post heartbroken, hysterical messages on social media as if they are related to these people. Unless you have lost a loved one this year; a partner, a parent, a close family member or a great friend, you cannot really relate to how true grief really feels. Neither is it easy to put into words, but I do know one thing for sure and that is the death of a loved one is a life changing event.

Without a doubt 2016 has been the worst year of my life, but I won't dwell on the negatives or wallow in self pity as there is little point in doing either. There have been some good times and high points amongst all the pain and desperation and I am just thankful to have pulled through enough to cope with daily life. For that I will always be grateful to family and friends who have stuck by me regardless of how bad things were.

Humbug and New Year have never been my favourite times as many already know, but facing the first anniversary of my husband's passing is something I couldn't have contemplated this time last year. It will be a quiet, pensive evening at home for myself and Dennis (I never anticipated adopting a cat either) and one of us will certainly be raising a glass or five to those no longer with us. I certainly won't be making any resolutions or ambitious plans as my mantra of one day at a time sweet Jesus is something I try to cling to.

But as stated previously, loss is a life changing event and I do know that all being well I will be facing some challenging and drastic changes in 2017. All I ask for is the ability to cope each day and to do some good with the time I have left on this mortal coil. For my readers I wish you good health and contentment, for those things are precious.

The cycle of life continues - keep pedalling.

Below is a link to the photographs of one of the highlights of my year.



https://www.flickr.com/photos/145341414@N03/

© Copyright 2016 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900701-Tempus-Fugit