*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902001-Moving-On
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#902001 added January 12, 2017 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
Moving On

I can't say as the first month of this new year has been particularly pleasant and definitely not peaceful. At present I feel like a headless chicken and a blue bottomed fly combined, running round in circles with an endless list of things do, formalities and unpleasant experiences. So far ...

*Bullet* Dennis the cat went to the vets to be neutered and microchipped. Due to complications he required further surgery which has resulted in doubling the cost, several more visits to the vet when time is of the essence and the fitting of a hood of shame or a plastic bucket thing on his head for the rest of this week. I'm familiar with these things on dogs, but keeping one on a cat is a totally different ball game.

*Bullet* Solicitors are proving their communication skills with each other and their clients leaves a lot to be desired. Emails and phone calls have been very excessive this week when I least need the hassle.

*Bullet* I have received a nasty and threatening email from my late husband's brother which is obviously due to my stepdaughter's complaints and demands and as usual it's all about money. I refuse to become involved in family feuds or to be treated without any respect for my feelings or situation so it seems that branch of the family will become estranged. Very sad and a shame, but I won't take the blame for their fixed ideas and unreasonable demands. As the old saying goes - Where there's a will there's a...family.

*Bullet* The book my friend John and I are having published has now almost doubled in cost from the original quote, just when we both have heavy financial responsibilities. But if we wish to see the book in print there is little we can do. Anyone know the winning lottery numbers for this week?

*Bullet* England trembles with the forecast of heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures and the nation begins panic buying to stock up on what they consider to be essentials. This country just can't cope with any extreme conditions and is thrown into chaos as a result. So far we haven't seen one flake of snow but if it does start no doubt it will be at the most inconvenient time possible.

But amongst all the complaints I have what I hope will be one piece of good news. From the 24th of this month I should be living in a new home in my favourite town of Newark and my fresh start begins. (snow/floods permitting) My new address makes people smile. *Bigsmile*





© Copyright 2017 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902001-Moving-On