*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900713-Year-end-mishaps
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#900713 added December 31, 2016 at 5:21pm
Restrictions: None
Year end mishaps
So my son Matt went shopping with me. Before we hit the grocery store I made sure to tell him that I need to drop off the paycheck and mail bills. My mistake is I put the grocery list and the paycheck in the same stack as the bills to be mailed. So we mail the bills and then head for the bank. I got confused and stop by the grocery store first wherein Matt asks if I am skipping the bank. You know that Oh, s*** expression you get when you know you blew it. That was me. Slam on the brakes and start searching madly. Matt had to tell me to pull into a parking spot to look. After he figured out that I was looking for my paycheck, he asked if it was in the stack of envelopes that he mailed. Yes! So I drop him off to do shopping while I head back to the post office. I walked up to the clerk and said I did something stupid. She got her supervisor who walked out to the post box to get it. I told her what it looked like and what name was on it and boy was I thankful and appreciative when I got it back. She got a good laugh and bruised egos heal. After we got the groceries that Matt shopped for, we head straight to the bank and deposit the check. Then off to home where I found out I got a refund check from the mortgage company.
I lost a Christmas check that my dad gave me. I misplaced a Christmas bonus check for 10 hours. I tried to mail an unstamped unaddressed payroll check to myself. Who thinks I can be trusted with this refund check? Anyone?

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900713-Year-end-mishaps