*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901187-JAN-5--On-the-Road-Or-Safe-at-Home
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2101444
A brief discussion of my experiences with being a Rising Star Nominee.
#901187 added January 4, 2017 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
JAN 5--On the Road Or Safe at Home?
For the January 5, 2017 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, the prompt is "Are you on the road, or are you safely at home? Think about it..."

I'll be honest. I don't quite get it. I'm going to assume this is a metaphorical question. Do I go out and put myself out there and go places and do things or am I a homebody?

Well, deep down, I think I'm "on the road" since that's how I've been most of my life. I've lived on 5 continents and have been to more than 40 countries. I used to LOVE travelling. One of the things I loved most about the Army was that I was never anywhere more than 2 years, 3 years tops. I thought that was great because after 2 yrs, I've seen and done everything in the area, so I'm ready to move on.

However, after Iraq, everything changed. When I first came back, I wouldn't leave post for months. I didn't even go adventuring out into the rest of post. I went to church, went to the commissary or PX as needed and was otherwise at home (minus work, of course, but that's a gimme). Even now, 5 1/2 yrs later, my brother has invited me to spend 8 days with him and his family and I think that's a long time. It's not that I don't love them, but I've become such a homebody now. I used to not be able to understand that and it annoyed me when I had friends like that, but now, I AM like that. In some ways it annoys me, but in others, I don't want to change it because it's where I feel safest. But little by little, I am coming back to my old self.


** Image ID #2100707 Unavailable ** Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901187-JAN-5--On-the-Road-Or-Safe-at-Home