*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901198-The-Journey-of-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901198 added January 5, 2017 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
The Journey of Life
"The Journey of Life

Group signature.


Are you on the road, or are you safely at home? Think about it...

Today's prompt is pretty thought provoking actually. At first glance one probably thinks "Well, I'm home of course!"

However one could easily question that response if they think about it for a moment. Are we ever truly safely at at home? Yes, the body may be safely in one's place of dwelling but is a house on Earth truly our home? Life is just a pilgrimage. We are all merely travelers who are constantly walking the pathway of life. The Apostle Paul referred to life as many things. He used terms of warfare in Ephesians Chapter 6 to describe the Christian as a soldier. In other places he described life as a "race" indicating that we are all athletes in a marathon and a "walk" indicating that life is a journey. Therefore it can never truly be said that any of us are safely at home while we are breathing the breath of life. When we consider life itself we can see how it is indeed a journey. We have a variety of metaphors that we use to describe our daily existence. One day we describe ourselves as being "on the mountain," indicating that our lives are trouble free. The next day we describe ourselves as being "down in the valley," indicating that our lives are troubled and bothersome. How does one go from the mountain top to the valley? We travel of course!

Some of the other metaphors we often use to describe life is "a rocky road" and "roller coaster" all indicating forms of travel. So if that is the case can we ever truly say we are safely at home?

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901198-The-Journey-of-Life