*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901202-The-Canvas
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901202 added January 5, 2017 at 2:25am
Restrictions: None
The Canvas
"The Canvas

The Blog City Prompt Forum for January 5, 2017 is "Life is about using the whole box of crayons. What is your take on this? "

I would say that I have to agree with that sentiment. All to often people want to paint or color life all one color. Then when their life is mundane and boring they want to complain about their routine existence and the "daily routine". The only way the routine changes is if we are creative and change it! Life is simply life. None of us are given an owner's manual prior to coming here unless one wants to believe that our owners manual is the Holy Bible. Personally I believe that it is. The Bible though gives no particular set of instructions about what one should do with one's life. It's instructions are instead general instructions in holiness and righteous living.

Each of us wakes up in the morning facing the decision of what we will do with the next twenty four hours. If we decide we want to go with our usual routine and do the same things we did the day before, then we are going to get the same results we got before. Sure there are some things we absolutely must do with our time. However none of us work twenty-four hours per day. The decision to add a little spice and try some different things is totally up to us. We can have a canvas that is all one color if we wish. However we will find that life loses it's meaning and it's definition if we use the same crayon for everything. Color adds meaning to our lives. How much meaning we have is totally up to us!

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901202-The-Canvas