*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901701-True-Humility
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901701 added January 9, 2017 at 2:03am
Restrictions: None
True Humility
"True Humility

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **


The Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt for January 9, 2017 is " An Exercise in Humility. Write whatever this phrase inspires you to say?"

Humility is probably the least understood state of being. Many think of humility as weakness. They believe a humble person is one who will let others walk all over them. Therefore they walk all over the person. However the person who lets people walk all over them isn't a humble person at all. They are possibly a weak person or perhaps easily controlled or easily intimidated. They may be a person who fears rejection or is afraid of hurting anybody's feelings so they refuse to say no. There are many possible explanations for allowing somebody to use and abuse a person but humility isn't one of them.

Humility simply means that a person has a good sense of who they are. They don't see themselves as anything they aren't. They don't puff themselves and convince themselves that "they're all that" nor do they beat themselves over the head with a sledge hammer for being a worthless piece of junk. They have a realistic outlook of themselves and accept themselves for what they are. If they are asked to do something that they have no knowledge of or no ability to do they don't forge ahead and try to do it. They simply decline and state that they don't know how to do it. They accept their ignorance on the subject and let it go at that. If I were asked to run a marathon I'd decline in a flat minute. I couldn't drive a marathon anymore, certainly not run one.

When I look myself in the mirror today, I like what I see. I am comfortable in my own skin most of the time. I accept and acknowledge my limitations. I also acknowledge my strong points. I don't lie to myself about who or what I am, what I'm capable of or what is going on with me. I don't know if that I'm humble. People have always told me that when you think you have humility you lack it. If others tell you that you're humble then you probably are.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901701-True-Humility