*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901702-Turning-the-Bad-into-the-Great
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#901702 added January 9, 2017 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
Turning the Bad into the Great!
Writing.Com and The Rising Stars Program have jointly been a good example of turning something potentially bad into something great, since I opened my account in July of 2016.

Please, understand I consider both Writing.Com and The Rising Stars Program to be exceptionally good. It's just that there is so much goodness, that requires so much reading combined with my reading skills, that tend to be rather slow for someone, who loves to write as much as I do, that this is "a potentially 'worst experience,' which is being transformed into something positive."

In so many ways I have felt like Harrison Ford as the President, hanging on to a rope tether outside of Air Force One in the movie of the same name.

Since starting my experience with WDC, I have had maybe three nights of going to bed before midnight. Most nights it's one, two or three o'clock in the morning.

Why? It's because I'm very detail oriented. Just about everything I write, I read and reread three or four times verbatim and mouthing the words, just to make sure, that not only are the spelling and the grammar correct, but that it can be spoken well, too. (That's from my experience as a radio DeeJay.)

For instance, (regarding the time it takes to read things,) I started reading the book All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr about Thanksgiving weekend. I just finished the book, tonight. I plan to post my book review in the next 24 hours.

Every day I receive wonderful contest notices, review challenges and messages from friends as well as various other items, that are all of the highest quality. I want to do them all, but the speed of my reading ability leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't really want anything to change about WDC nor The Rising Stars Program. I know at some point I will be able to handle the pace better. I will be able to keep up better.

Yet, in keeping with today's prompt, my experience here at Writing.Com could be "the worst experience," if I remain as I have always been. Changing, growing, improving on a personal level means I expect Writing.Com to be the best experience of my writing career so far. :D

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901702-Turning-the-Bad-into-the-Great