*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901654-Electronics-to-Help-or-to-Whatever
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#901654 added January 8, 2017 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Electronics to Help or to Whatever...
We have interesting electronic items for our use these days.

1. A hairbrush, that teaches us how to brush our hair more efficiently, is interesting, but it removes the artist's finesse of knowing how to create just the right coiffure.
2. A cat feeder that feeds and waters your cat, when you are away from home or fully into your favorite book, does beg the question, "Why do you have a cat?" (That question comes to you compliments of my wife, the Hippy Chick.)
3. The Love Box for loving text messages with a spinning heart, which keeps you distracted at work, reading the messages of love from someone, who is not with you, makes the heart emote explosively, "If you really love me, then why don't you stop distracting me at work, so I can keep my job, insuring, that we will have money for room and board?"
4. If one is a real tea connoisseur, then why is the 42Tea Smart Cube needed? Please, don't tell me, that you think I'm not smart enough to know how to steep my own tea at the right temperature. A good cup of tea is an artform. Technology has no knowledge of art.
5. The Smarter FrigCam could be beneficial, if you are on a diet. "Look at the inside of that refrigerator! I just lost my appetite!"
6. The driverless car is a frivolity for those of us, who consider driving to be another artistic experience.

All of the whimsical technology presented on the post for today are lacking in artistic flair. One does not enjoy brushing one's hair, if a computer voice is instructing the How-To. This driver doesn't even use GPS for mapping my routes on long trips. I may use MapQuest a little, if I'm in unfamiliar territory and within the last five miles, but I still like looking at maps, that I can hold in my hands.


We have a wondrous thought for thee
to help thy life along,
O wouldst be help,...technology,
to sing a little song?

Why Yes! We have an app for that
or iPod for thy songs,
Then, hear me well for flying gnat
'twon't rid the world of wrongs.

We each have hands and mind to use
to make our lasting art,
Your little gadgets full abuse
the peace we have in heart.

by Jay O'Toole
on January 8th, 2017


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901654-Electronics-to-Help-or-to-Whatever