*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901800-Education-is-ongoing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901800 added January 10, 2017 at 7:05am
Restrictions: None
Education is ongoing
"Education is ongoing

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for 1-1--17 says "One of my sons came home from the second day of his Kindergarten career and announced, “I learned enough.”
Taking your whole life into account, have you learned enough or at least as much as you’d like to have learned?"

I believe I have learned everything i have been meant to learn up to this point but I am never done learning. I feel that if I had so much as one piece of data floating around in my head that wasn't meant to be there it would change who I am at that moment. Each moment of my life is a little different than the moment before and with each passing moment I am a slightly different person. I feel that education is extremely important. I thought a comment Eddie Murphy made once during one of his monologues was very succinct. It was during the Reagan Administration when defense spending was so high. Eddie said we were spending more money on defense than on education and asked what was up with that. Then he said "We're producing smart bombs and stupid f........ children!"

I have spent a great deal of my life in pursuit of education and plan to return to school soon to finish a double major in Bible and Liberal Arts. So I don't think we ever stop learning.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901800-Education-is-ongoing