*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901871-Where-theres-a-will
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#901871 added January 10, 2017 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
Where there's a will
"Where there's a will

Group signature.

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The 30 day Blogging Challenge prompt for January 11, 2017 is "Vincent Van Gogh said, "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." What is your 'you cannot ____' voice always ragging on you about, and how good are you at silencing it?"

I like to call that voice "my committee" because it seems like there are always dozens of random thoughts going through my head at any given time, telling me I can't do this or that. I have bi-polar I disorder, which is often viewed as a severe mental disability. My committee tells me that I will never be able to live a life of any quality due to it. I am unwilling to accept that. I am always looking for new ways to overcome my disability and make my life more manageable. I was recently diagnosed with Parkinson Disease. Many would have thrown in the towel or at the very least buried their heads in the sand hoping it would go away. The first thing I did was ask the doctor what impact it would have upon me and how I could empower myself to overcome it. The key to success is always two-fold. 1) You must not be willing to give in. 2) Empowerment is an absolute must! Empowerment equips you to do whatever you must do or want to do. My grandfather drilled into my head that "Where there's a will, there's a way."

I honestly believe he was correct.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901871-Where-theres-a-will