*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901918
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#901918 added January 11, 2017 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
Promptly Potter Quotes Story/Poem Challenge Day 11
Prompt: "It unscrews the other way."

Macy was unhappily married. She lived in a farm house in the country with her husband and it needed a lot of work. Lenny was always in between jobs and Macy worked at a factory and Lenny stayed home and did nothing. Macy was tired of it. She cleaned up after Lenny all the time and he and his friends played poker all day. Macy even cut firewood, mowed grass and did everything. She was glad the farm was being farmed by someone else because she would be doing that, too.

She had to fix the plumbing. Lenny would tell her: "Lefty Lucy. Tighty righty." He would tell her how to clean house and the husky puppy got in the house and Macy loved the puppy and she had to run after it. Lenny was eating his supper and kept saying: "Put the dog out. Put the dog out." The puppy would run here and there and Macy would chase after her and Lenny would yell: "Put the damn dog out!" It was hard to catch the puppy but Macy finally did.

Lenny just watched TV and drank beer. One day, Macy was changing a light bulb. "Lenny sat there and said: "It unscrews the other way." The light bulb broke and Lenny told Macy she was clumsy and couldn't do anything right. He called her worthless and said he was tired of the way she did things.

Macy went upstairs, called her sister on her cell and packed her belongings. She came down with her luggage and Lenny asked where she was going.

"Screw you! I am moving in with my sister in her condo and be her business partner. This farm house was your mother's and you can do all the repairs. I will be setting up my own checking account and you are on your own. I am taking the puppy with me. The new car is in my name and the junky old pick up truck is yours. The door knob is broke. It unscrews the other way."

Macy left a speechless Lenny and she and the puppy left and got a new life.

** Image ID #2107375 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901918