*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902033-A-New-Year
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2101248
A regular (hopefully) muse on my journey through the Rising Stars programme
#902033 added January 12, 2017 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
A New Year
I was attempting to write in my journal more often than I have, however, as we are now approaching the halfway point in the Rising Stars Programme, I thought it was about time I caught up. Christmas for me was chaotic last year. This meant I felt I was getting behind with the Rising Stars Work. I knew, though, that I was going to have a chance once Christmas was gone, to catch up. This was because I had a long break before things began to get back to normal. I used this time to catch up and make a start on my New Year projects

I feel now that I'm in a much better position points wise.

So, what have I been doing? Once the New Year arrived I was straight into the 30 days of blogging. I'll start with this because blogging is not something I find easy. It's not that I can't do it, I just struggle with the lack of creativity that I feel with Blogging. It's a much more non-fiction type of writing. I enjoy writing this form from time to time but not on a regular basis, and I have to be inspired. So far I feel it's been going well, better than I thought, to be honest.

On the 7th January, I had both Registration for the New Horizons Academy and the Novel Writing Workshop. luckily not at the same time! I've signed up for the Grammar Garden because the grasp I have on the grammar of my own language is beyond bad. I've read through the first lesson, and already I've learnt so much. It's a sign of great things to come.

The Novel Writing Workshop was interesting, I learnt new techniques from this, that I can use. I don't know at this point whether I even have a novel in me, however, having the techniques to write one means that if I ever have the characters and scenario running around in my head, I'll know what to do with them.

I have some tricky challenges ahead for certain. Finishing the Blog is a serious challenge for me to start with. As we then move into February we have the Dialogue 500 ahead of us. This is not one of my strong points and I hope to learn from this exercise. My final points to this date were gained from a review of this course so far and a review of the Novel Workshop.

I still have something final to complete, that's to finish reading 'All the Light We Cannot See' and review it. I'm enjoying the book but I'm seriously running late on this, all I can say is it's a good thing I read quickly.



© Copyright 2017 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902033-A-New-Year