*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902105-Versitile-Music
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#902105 added January 13, 2017 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Versitile Music
On this day in 1854, Anthony Faas of Philadelphia, PA, was granted the first US patent for the accordion. He made improvements to the keyboard and enhanced the sound. Do you play or have you ever played any instruments? If not, what's one you'd like to learn? Bonus Points today for sharing a favorite song of yours with us that names any instrument in its title.

Manx Cat from Japan
*Dog2*

I play classical guitar. Not exceptionally well, but I still drag it out occasionally and run scales and pieces of music from a practice book. It is only for my own entertainment. I also have some experience learning the piano. All of my children learned an instrument, drums, piano, flute, and violin. At one time, I had the pleasure of playing guitar with my children who played flute and violin. A great experience. We sounded pretty good together. I also play recorder.

I would like to learn to play clarinet or oboe. I love the sound of an oboe. I probably won't delve into either of these because I really cannot afford to financially and time is always a problem for me, because I love so many different ways to spend my time.

This was a favorite of mine when I was a child. It is called "Rusty in Orchestraville. One of my Aunt's owned it on 78 rpm. I tried to find it on CD so I could give it to my grandchildren but never found it before today. Today I found it on YouTube.com.



I found the next album years ago and could not rest until I owned it.



92. 15. The Obvious Child by Paul Simon Songfacts (reference: from Songfacts-found in google when I looked up the lyrics). In this song, an intriguing phrase is repeated: "The cross is in the ballpark." When asked of its meaning, Simon answered, "The cross, the burden that we carry, is in the ballpark, it's doable."

*Phonograph* *Cd* *Music2*


Blessings to you.Whatever your favorite form, may all your days be musical.

Fairy playing a flute




© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902105-Versitile-Music