*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902161-Legend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902161 added January 14, 2017 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
Legend
"Legend

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for 1-14-17 is "Prompt: “Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” ― Jalaluddin Rumi, The Essential Rumi

Let this quote from Rumi inspire you to write something."

I believe of us has the ability to create and does in fact create, our own myth beginning the moment we are born. Our myth may only be in the minds of our families or we may do something that leaves a more permanent mark on the world. I wanted to leave a more permanent mark so I became a writer, though I honestly believe I was always destined to it. I was just sharing with somebody the other night that I believe one of the most hideous and heinous acts a person can commit is suicide because in doing so they are not the true victim. For them the struggle may well be over but they aren't the ones who have to deal with the aftermath The family are the ones who have to deal with the aftermath. I was a part of the EMS team that responded to a number of suicides. I can guarantee you that no matter how heinous or how bad the scene was, once the tape was pulled down that was it for us. The family was left cleaning up the scene. That alone was often enough cause for me to hate the perpetrator. So I sincerely believe that each of us by the very virtue of being alive leave some footprints on the sands of time. I know i do. In fact, to steal a cliche' I will go to my death being a legend, even if only in my own mind!

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902161-Legend