*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902184-January-14th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2107082
I am willing to try anything once. But there are some genres I will never try to write.
#902184 added January 14, 2017 at 2:20pm
Restrictions: None
January 14th, 2017
January 14th, 2017,

Children’s


As you have probably already read if you are keeping up with my blogs, I have already mentioned that I have written several stories involving children. At least they were about children according to what almost everyone else describes as children. But that’s not exactly true, for two reasons.

According to almost everyone else is that children are anyone under the age of eighteen. That’s not what I think. To me, children are eight and under. And I’m not even sure about that. It might be seven and under now. For a long time preteens, now called tweens I think, were only in the double digits – 10-11-12. Then, I don’t know when it became nine to twelve-year-olds. Now it’s probably eight to twelve.

Reason number two is because I haven’t written too many children stories so far involving children. I’ve only done one or two of them, maybe three at the most. Most of my so-called children stories haven involved preteens and early teens. So-called children between nine and about fourteen, the majority of them nine to thirteen. I have done one or two with teens a little older. I’m not sure, but the oldest teenage I have written about is about sixteen, maybe seventeen.

About half my stories involve ‘children.' Specially those in my PureSciFi account. I have already mentioned why in my ‘Young Adult’ blog. You will have to read that one to see why I like writing about ‘children’ so much.

Am I going to continue writing stories about ‘children?’ The answer to that question is, “Yes and No.” My goals this year don’t involve short stories. Except for the monthly WDC contest. You will have to read my “Dear Me” letter to myself to read what my goals this year are.

Except for the WDC and my reviewing I;m going to be concentrating on my Novels Challenge, my Movie Script Challenge, and my Television Show Challenge this year. That means I’m not going to be doing too many Short Stories. It doesn’t mean I’m not going to be writing about ‘children.’ There aren’t too many 'children’ dominated challenges, but there are going to be one or two. Maybe even three or four of them. Most of the challenges will involve ‘children.’ They just won’t be dominated ones.



© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902184-January-14th-2017