*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902306-My-Parade
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902306 added January 15, 2017 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
My Parade
"My Parade

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The BCOF prompt for Monday January 16, 2017 is "Have you ever participated in a parade? If so, what type of parade was it? Did you enjoy being in the parade or would you rather have been in the audience? If you've never been in a parade what is your favorite parade to watch?"

Yes, I have participated in parades. The parade I participated in was one where the band sat in the stand while I and many others did the marching. The parade was the US Army graduating ceremonies for Basic Training at Ft. Bliss Texas. We would march around the parade ground repeatedly as the band played. When we would prepare to pass the colors, which were unfurled on the pole and baking in the heat like the rest of us, the Drill Sergeant would shout "Eyes Right! Present Arms!"

We would then immediately look to the right out of our peripheral vision because you were at attention and your head could not turn, raise a salute to both the flag and the Air Defense Artillery commanding general, aides, and other dignitaries, and hold it until the drill sergeant shouted "Eyes Front, Order Arms!"

There was none of this crap like you saw on the movie Stripes. We suited up and showed up. We had two very good reasons. The drill sergeant wore them on his feet and wasn't afraid to plant them where the sun never shines nor sets! So our reasons were fear and common sense!

Aside from that I have never been in a parade. That was the best man can offer anyway!

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902306-My-Parade