*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902411-Closet-What-closet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902411 added January 17, 2017 at 3:59am
Restrictions: None
Closet? What closet?
"Closet? What closet?

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for January 17, 1027 is "When did you come out of the closet... that you were going to be a writer to your friends, family, and community? Was it easy or did they question your sanity?"

I honestly don't think I was ever really in the closet about my writing career. I started writing officially when I was in the sixth or seventh grade. By the eighth grade other students were approaching me to see if I had written anything new. Within no time I had my own fan club in school. It was odd because in every other aspect of my school career I faced outright prejudice and discrimination that was very unethical and at times probably even criminal. I wasn't permitted to participate in many things other students participated in and when I did I was summarily dismissed in no time. When they were involved in a club I was usually in a study hall or sent to the library. The only club I ever officially participate in besides the fan club some students started for me, was a creative writing club in which I excelled. The fan club students created for me was made a part of that club There were definitely those who objected to such an otherwise unpopular student having a fan club but the students were adamant about having it.So it was permitted. I was even voted "student most likely to become famous" due to my writing.

My family therefore never questioned my desire to write, though they did question my desire to do so exclusively. They felt I should be stuck in some job I hated just to pay the bills. So when I chose to only write they questioned it.

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902411-Closet-What-closet