*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902493-A-Better-Tomorrow
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902493 added January 18, 2017 at 2:59am
Restrictions: None
A Better Tomorrow
"A Better Tomorrow

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for January 18, 2017 is "I am going to make today so awesome that yesterday is going to be jealous." How are you going to make today awesome?"

As an addict in recovery it is my life on the line each morning when I wake up. I have to strive, in some way, to make each day just slightly better than the one that went before it. One of the ways I do that is by learning something new each day. Learning is something I don't think ever stops for us. It makes no difference what one is learning. One person I had the utmost respect for was a preacher I knew. He had a terminal brain tumor and has long since passed. His wife and he moved into a home his son-in-law built onto the back of his own house not long before the old preacher passed. The day before he went into the coma that would end his life, I was doing some chores there and I saw him pacing his floors as he memorized scriptures. He knew that no matter what, one never quits learning.

Another way I can make the coming day better is to find a way of being of service to mankind. Whether that be by doing some physical labor, which is difficult for medical reasons, or simply trying to encourage somebody in some way. One important way in my eyes is to preach the gospel. Nobody has to agree with me but as a Christian I believe the warnings are legitimate.

Another way I can improve the following day is by improving my attitude. If my serenity is just a bit stronger and I have just a little more acceptance I'm doing good.

These are just some of the ways. I'm sure there are others.

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902493-A-Better-Tomorrow