*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903027-Inspiration
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2106234
30 Days Blogging Challenge
#903027 added January 24, 2017 at 12:27am
Restrictions: None
Inspiration
         Actress Tiffani Thiessen, born on this day in 1974, once said: "When you interact with someone you always take something from them." What is something you've been able to take with you from any of your fellow challengers so far this month, and how have you been inspired by each other?          

I find it interesting that when I was younger, I found it difficult to interact with people; this isn't unusual for someone with adhd. However, I wasn't aware that I had it, as I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my early thirties. Friends were few and far between and the internet hadn't been invented, I know it makes me sound old. To be honest home computers weren't invented either! I've had a few very precious friends over the years, I learnt to appreciate them because there haven't been many.

With the invention of the internet, I've been able to connect with people from across the world, learn first-hand about other cultures. This opened up a completely new world for me. I found people who'd experienced things that I had, I no longer felt so alone. It opened up a world of information, showed me that I wasn't strange, well that's still debatable; that I was as normal as I could be under the circumstances. I am now free to be me!

I found WDC ten years ago but had to leave for a while because I was studying for a degree, it took all of my time. I then returned to a place that I've fully embraced and that has fully embraced me. I'm not strange, or an outcast, I'm me. I fit in here, the creative person that I was made to be and I'm grateful for this place because here I feel normal.

Please don't get me wrong, I have a life, two great children, a Church life that is amazing and I've just joined a Folk Band, music being my other passion. Life, though, can reach so much further with sites like this, caring, honest, encouraging, but also a place that gives you a chance to hone your skills.

A couple of writers inspired me this month. First, SB Musing wrote a piece called 'Mind the Shark's Teeth' for the Time Capsule prompt. She wrote herself a letter, it was frank, honest and fun in places. At the end of the blog, she wrote this and I just thought it was inspiring.

Question everything. Never stop learning about yourself, others, this world, science, species, and discover new things that fascinate you. This world is meant to be studied, enjoyed, lived in, and explore like your life depends on it. Your need for knowledge will never be quenched, and that's part of the beauty of living in this world. There's always more out there for you to find and uncover. Discover it all, and keep pushing to unravel more'
.

Second, was Apondia, she wrote a piece for the High School Reunion. We don't indulge so much in school reunions here in the UK. I was still able to put forward my reasons for not going to one. Apondia's experience of school reminded me of my own experience, even though we were from different countries. I felt that it goes to show you can understand each other as people wherever you come from. She quoted from a book that she's read and I related to this so much that it stuck with me.


This is a quote from the story, "Anna was half convinced she'd been begotten by a passing alien life-form on a human woman. It was as good an explanation as any for the sense she had of being an outsider."

This quote explained just how I've felt for most of my life. I have been challenged by this contest in so many ways but I've found it interesting and I've learnt a lot about the people involved in it.





Group signature.

© Copyright 2017 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903027-Inspiration