*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902944-Through-WDC
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2106234
30 Days Blogging Challenge
#902944 added January 24, 2017 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
Through WDC
Seven WDC authors were just promoted to Moderator status! ("Note: Congratulations to...") Visit one of their ports and review one of their items...and in your entry here, now would be a good time to tell us what your goals are for being with WDC (whether you're a newbie or someone who's been around the block awhile). Make sure you include your review, using the Invalid Review tag.



When I first joined WDC, ten years ago I thought it was a place to showcase my work. Then I went away for a long time because I was studying and just didn’t have the time for anything else. It was after I finished studying that I eventually got the chance to return to the site. It took me a while to get used to it again and I joined the Newbies group because I felt like one.

Once I got used to how to post things, where things were and what was going on, I started looking at contests. I have to say that I indulged in a lot of the contests and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed them, I intend to continue to enjoy them.

What I’ve discovered since coming back to WDC is that there is much more to this site than just having somewhere to put your work. This site is a place where you can improve your writing, explore new genres, and read the work of others.

I feel privileged at this time to be part of the Rising Stars Programme; my first aim is to complete this programme. Within this is the Horizons Academy where I am currently attempting the Grammar Garden Course, attempting being the right word! Maybe my first aim should be to finish this first. I love to learn, this is probably as hard a challenge for me as my degree was that I studied for while I was away from the site.

So, my overall aim is to improve my writing skills overall so that my work will improve, I would like to break into the magazine market. We will see!

Review of ‘One of Life’s Unwanted’ by Andy feeling very blue



Review of "One of Life’s Unwanted"




Group signature.




© Copyright 2017 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902944-Through-WDC