*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903503-Uncle-Amoeba
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903503 added January 30, 2017 at 1:51am
Restrictions: None
Uncle Amoeba
"Uncle Amoeba

** Image ID #2110407 Unavailable **

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Monday January 30, 2017 is "We ought to think that we are one of the leaves of a tree, and the tree is all humanity. We cannot live without the others, without the tree." Pablo Casals Use this quote to inspire a story, poem, or write whatever this quote inspires you to write."

The first thing that pops into my mind when I read this quote is the creation account found in Genesis 2: 18 where God said in essence that man was not meant to be a loner. The spirit of Genesis 2: 18 concerns marriage but I can see that it has even greater implications. Scriptures usually do have an apparent meaning and then a much broader, less readily apparent meaning. This one is no exception. God was essentially saying at the time of creation what has been echoed throughout the ages. "No man is an island."

I know there are those who will read this and dismiss the creation account as bogus. It's easier for them to believe that the universe literally popped out of nothing and that we are the result of a lucky dice roll. I'm sorry but I simply can't accept that. The very fact that a mere 100 miles into the sky is a vast nothingness we call space tells me that something had to create it. They want to believe that this nothingness we call space is ever growing as a result of some big explosion that is still rippling outward. Logic itself dictates that this is a fallacy. What is it expanding into? Obviously the only thing it could expand into is more nothingness so the whole thought become ludicrous. Then to believe that man evolved from some single celled organism is even more insane. If they wish to believe they are the distant relatives of a mosquito or an earthworm go for it. I value myself a little more highly than that and I absolutely refuse to believe that my bloodline was ever related to Uncle Amoeba, I don't care how far back we go. However they too are leaves on the tree and without their disbelief my faith would not be real.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903503-Uncle-Amoeba