*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903756-Repeats
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903756 added February 2, 2017 at 2:18am
Restrictions: None
Repeats?
"Repeats?

Just another of my many signatures

** Image ID #2110407 Unavailable **

The February 2, 2017 prompt for the Blogging Circle of Friends is "AKA Groundhog Day here in the States. Now I;m sure some of you remember Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day, when everything happens over and over again like in a time warp....it just keeps happening. Let's pretend we're stuck in one moment in time and it repeats over and over. What would you want to repeat over and over? And what would you dread more than anything if it did repeat."

Those questions are easy for me. The day I'd want to repeat if i could is the day I graduated from college. I was the only one of my mother's nine children who ever graduated from high school or college. Like my siblings I had dropped out of high school but later got my GED. Then I went on to college and earned an associate degree with high honors in dependency disorder. my mom said she was going to attend my graduation if it killed her because I was "the only one of her kids who ever graduated from anything".

That day was very special for me because I remember how proud she looked.

The worst day of my life was September 23, 2014. It was the day my wife succumbed to pneumonia, flat lined, and was resuscitated but brain-dead. She died after being on life support for three days. In my mind she died the night she collapsed.

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903756-Repeats