*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903816
by Espero
Rated: E · Book · Contest · #2101448
Travels Toward Rising Star
#903816 added February 27, 2017 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Starting February 2016
Starting new item for February 2016. First one is getting too long.
February 2, 2017
Working on Dialogue 500. Think I will try to write as a "tour of history". I found some good background on how-where-when the candy hearts were started. Still an idea for now.
Started a "static item outline" for the Co-Write so I can send to Lornda, Hannah, and Choconut but lost half of what I had typed. My bad, gotta learn to save more often and this laptop is super sensitive. Rats!!! On that note, I'm signing out for the evening. Tomorrow another work day and it's 8:30 PM. Gotta get a shower and ready for bed.
{b }February 4, 2017
Received good feedback on co-write. May take story in a slightly different direction. Still have time. Get the impression that everyone else is tied up with other things right now. Just had to get it all out of my system for now as I was thinking up ideas.
Finished my 500 Dialogue between pieces of candy. Thought it was corny idea at first but then got into it.
February 5, 2017
I got a lot accomplished today. I was delighted to receive a ribbon for my Favorite Music Book (a fun project) and a lot of points that made me feel like I might make it to the 18,000 after all. I submitted my 500 Dialogue, The Candy Heart Misfits, and my Persuasive Dialogue, The Play. The Play was based on a two co-workers of mine who were asked to portray a young couple, although they are in their late 40's. They don't want to do it but somehow got talked into it. I'm sure they will get a kick out of my story.
February 10, 2017
I believe I've reached enough points for Rising Star (whew)! I'm still not done though. Today I tried my hand at writing prose poetry that I will submit in March. Who knew there were so many types of poetry out there. I've been thinking and thinking about an argumentive dialog and just can't come up with an idea. Maybe I'm not argumentive enough LOL. I was thrilled that I rec'd points for my Haiku Sonnet because I wans't sure it was correct. Lornda replied to her badge she received, nice to know she liked it. Tonight I'll work on that dialogue and hopefully read a little more of The Sympathizer. I've also been trying to do a few reviews each night to keep in practice.
February 11, 2017
Was disappointed when I looked at my scorecard to find out the points had been taken away for my Haiku Sonnet and I will be given a badge instead. So now I am not quite there with points as I thought. Read The Sympathyzer for a while last night. This is hard reading, I'm not liking the book at all and finding it boring as heck but I'll keep grueling along with it as long as I purchased it. Haven't heard from anyone on the group co-write. I feel like I did my part and presented an idea and outline. If someone else comes up with an idea I'll be happy to take part, I can use my idea for a story of my own later.
February 15, 2017
I'm so uninspired right now. I guess you could say I'm in a 'funk'. Not sure why, could be this non-stop sinus headache, although the so experts will say you don't get a headache from sinus. I'm still struggling to read The Sympathyzer - finally made it to Chapter 9 but still not finding it enjoyable. Tried to write something tonite, anything at all, but it just wasn't there. Guess I'll call it a night and go back to the book.
February 20, 2017
February has been a slow and grueling month, for the most part. Spent my time yesterday trying to get through The sympathizer. It's very hard for me to read but I will keep going with it until finished. I hope I can write a sensible review of the book, I dislike it so much and am not sure I fully understand it but I'm taking notes. Received a pretty good review of my Haiku Sonnet from Dave with some suggestions which I appreciate. Still waiting for my badge for the Sonnet as the 1,000 points was taken away from me, so I haven't reached the 18,000 after all but now only 50 to go. Hopefully I will get some points for the Persuasive and Argumentative Dialogue but I wasn't entirely successful at eliminating words out of the Persuasive Dialogue. I felt that any more words eliminated would make the dialogue seem too forced and not realistic. Maybe I'm just not understanding the theory. Received some pretty good reviews and feedback from the Power Reviewers. They must be out in force this week. Haven't heard much from Lornda since the Otter the Oscar co-write. I know she's busy with a project. Haven't heard anything else on the group co-write. I guess the ball's in their court now, I feel like I did my part to come up with an idea. Anything else will work for me, I just wanted to participate in some way.
February 23, 2017
Gosh, February is quickly coming to an end. I'm kind of glad in a way because I've been feeling poorly this month, grouchy, and unproductive. Still reading The Sympathizer, I think I'm at 60% or so. Some portions of the poor I find interesting, most of it boring. That's just me, I don't like political books, probably because I usually don't understand them and get lost in the plot. In any case, come March, I should earn enough points doing reviews to get 18,000 and hopefully some points for the book report.
February 27, 2017
I think I am able to submit one more story to Rising Stars so I'm going to do that this morning. It looks like I only have 2 there and we are allowed 3.

Espero

© Copyright 2017 Espero (UN: espero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Espero has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903816