*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903896-As-You-Said
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#903896 added February 4, 2017 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
As You Said…
Prompt: Take these 3 sentences and somehow incorporate them into your blog. Have fun.
1. Writing a list of random sentences is harder than I initially thought it would be.
2. Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an ass of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all.
3. Where do random thoughts come from?


===============

Don’t ask me, “Where do random thoughts come from?” for I must be the top producer of random thoughts. Throughout the day random thoughts jump from one far-flung idea to another. It is as if my mind is a bird migrating, but instead of flying it zooms at lightning speed from one pole to another.

Now you turn around and tell me, “Writing a list of random sentences is harder than I initially thought it would be.” I think you want to work on writing random sentences rather than producing a well-constructed paragraph or an essay. Well, to each her own, but there’s a remedy for that. Just go to any store where you can sit down and watch and hear people talk or make comments. My favorite is the Starbucks Café inside Barnes and Noble's because the book or magazine I’m supposed to read becomes a good cover. There, I just jot down what I hear people say. If you follow through with this exercise, your sentences will be as random as they’ll be able to get.

At the end of that exercise, don’t try to read what you have written, even if you might have tried to fix other people’s English as you wrote down their words. I do that even though BN people are probably better at using the language because they are, at least, holding a book without reading…like me. In any case, don’t feel cross with yourself. Just put those random sentences in your blog, like what I am doing right now. As you said, “Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an ass of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all.”

And I am really truly laughing this entry off...



© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903896-As-You-Said